Visit and Explore the Jurassic Coast
One of the UK’s best known coastlines is right here in Dorset! The world renowned 185 million year in the making and UNESCO World Heritage site of the Jurassic Coast along the coast of West Dorset.
Visitors come from all over the world to see this famous and dramatic coastline to explore, view and search for the fossils discovered here along the coastline.
Discover the Jurassic Coast – 185 million years in the making!
Visit the Jurassic Coast and explore the outstanding headlands, coves and hidden caves, rugged cliffs and rock formations. See the commanding sea views, dramatic rolling countryside and the delightful West Dorset harbours.
The Jurassic Coast is one of the world’s best locations to hunt for fossils, either by yourself or as a family – for a wonderful experience it’s recommended to join an organised fossil hunt with experienced fossil hunters.
Enjoy browsing the various fossil museums and the glorious beach and harbour views along this 95 mile coastline – the Jurassic Coast is an amazing place!
⇒ The Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site…
- The Jurassic Coast is a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- 95 miles of stunning Dorset coastline
- 185 million years in the making
- Sandy beaches | rugged & sandy beaches | hidden caves
- Dramatic rock & cliff formations
- Outstanding headlands | Coves | Harbours
- Beach and clifftop walks |Countryside walks
- Ancient monuments | Castles | Forts
- World renowned enowned for Fossils
- Fossil museums | Exhibitions & Events
- Boat trips along the Jurassic Coast available
- The Jurassic Coast from Studland Bay to past Lyme Regis
- Enjoy a Jurassic Coast drive on the scenic B3157 coastal road
The Jurassic Coast’s 185 million years
It’s dramatic coastline – walk through its 185 million year history. There’s naturally formed and beautiful sheltered coves and bays such as Lulworth Cove. Explore dramatic and rugged cliff-face backdrops, amazing and varied rock formations including the amazing sea arch at Durdle Door, one of few of the world’s surviving arches.
Wander along stunning headlands and stroll down to the rare and unusual Chesil Beach, a natural sandbank, on the coastline covering 18 miles.
It’s an amazing coastline… it’s a Jurassic coastline!
A Geological Jurassic Coastline
The Jurassic Coast has everything along this geological historic coastline. Come and experience this geological history in close up through various periods of the area’s Jurassic history over the last 185 million years.